Food Web of an Arctic Ecosystem
At the top of the food web, the Polar Bear reigns. The only predator for the Polar bear is Man (not shown on this ecosystem chart). Polar bears eat the Arctic seal and the Atlantic salmon and has no predator thus for making it the top of its food web. Below is a list of who eats who:
- The Arctic seal is eaten by the polar bear and eats the Atlantic salmon
- The polar bear eats the Atlantic salmon, and so does the arctic seal.
- The Arctic tern eats the Atlantic salmon which than eats the krill.
- The Arctic hare eats the Arctic willow, which is also eaten by the Lemming.
- The Ermine also consumes the Lemming.
- The Arctic wolf eats the Caribou, who then eats the tufted saxifrage.
- The Caribou and Musk ox eat the Lichen.
- The Ptarmigan also consumes the Lichen.